Saturday, January 27, 2007

self-introduction










My name is Tian Fei and Tian is my family name which means field in Chinese, and Fei means flourish of the flowers, so my name reflects my parents’ best wish that I can grow up healthy and happy like the flowers in the field. I was born in Beijing, the capital city of China, one the biggest cities in China. However, in my childhood, I preferred to life in the countryside because I like the natural environment here, flesh air, the aroma from flowers and plants, and some lovely animals. I was able to play in the hill or the field or anywhere since I am the only child of my family and the big city makes me alone. In my spare time, I like reading, traveling, hiking and running. I have run in the Beijing Marathon two times, and I have aslo run in an 8-km race and a 21-km race. I think I am a little bashful with strangers, and to some extent, it blocks me to communicate with others, but basically I have a friendly personality.

5 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

I am happy to have you in my class this semester, Fei. Also, I really like your new blog title!

Hiromi said...

Hello, Fei!
My name is Hiromi and I'm writing this from Japan.

The introduction of yourself was so interesting that I even thought about adding new post on my blog to introduce myself! It's really interesting to know the origin of your name, and I think your name is beautiful! Also, as a citizen of Tokyo, sometimes I miss the life in countryside. Fortunately, I live in a kind of suburban area of Tokyo. So I'm able to get the tastes of both suburban and urban area at the same time.

Anyway, nice to meet you! I'm looking forward to reading your post!

Nasser said...

Best wishes from me too

jenniferho said...

Hi Fei,

I am so happy to meet you. Hopefully, we can chat with each other after class.

Erika Cruvinel said...

Hello Fei
I'm a shy person too and I find the Interent a great tool to communicate with people from all over the world! I love blogging and getting to know different people, different cultures. I feel just like when I'm traveling. It's an adventure!
By the way, I'm Erika and I'm from Brazil. I will be glad to exchange more messages with your class this semester!
Hugs